If you experience issues signing up for this event, please contact email@example.com and we'll add your RSVP!
Wordfest's Imagine On Air is thrilled to present Indie pop star Michelle Zauner (Japanese Breakfast) with her bestselling memoir about family, grief, and food, Crying in H Mart. The one-hour conversation will start at 7:00 PM MT and will be hosted by Lainey Lui (@LaineyGossip). (The pre-show will begin at 6:50 PM.)
The livestream broadcast on Wordfest.com is free. Just click “RSVP” and you’ll be automatically registered and receive a pre-show reminder. We’ll also send you our unique Digital Doggie Bag the next day with links and extras inspired by the conversation.
We’re grateful to Penguin Random House Canada for making it possible for us to connect you with Michelle Zauner.
Elaine “Lainey” Lui is the founder and Editor of LaineyGossip.com, co-host of CTV's daytime talk show “The Social”, and a reporter on CTV's “etalk.” Lui has covered the Red Carpet at the Oscars, SuperBowl XLII, Cannes, and Toronto International Film Festivals, and other top tier events worldwide, and is regularly called upon by various media outlets including CNN, CBC, and CTV News as one of Canada's top celebrity and pop culture experts. In 2014, Lui became a best-selling author with her memoir Listen to the Squawking Chicken.
- Personal History: Crying in H Mart –The New Yorker
- Michelle Zauner Is Not Quite Ready to Retire –The Cut
- Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner review – truth of a modest sceptic –The Guardian
- When Her Mother Died, She Found Solace at a Korean Grocery -The New York Times
- Japanese Breakfast, ‘Glider’ –Jon Parales, The Playlist, The New York Times