The stars have aligned! Ever since Torrey Peters took the publishing world by storm with her debut novel Detransition Baby, everyone from Brooklyn to Berlin has been waiting for her to be in conversation with Casey Plett, whose new collection of short stories is the long-awaited follow-up to her Lambda and Amazon First Novel Award-winning Little Fish. Plett, who is adored in her native Canada, also won the Firecracker Award, and if you’ve watched the trajectory of Peters’ career, you know that adjective applies to the American supernova too.
The one-hour livestream event on Wordfest.com starts at 7:00 PM MT. (The pre-show begins at 6:50 PM.) The day after the show, we'll email you our unique Digital Doggie Bag, featuring links and extras sparked by the conversation.
Can't watch live? Want to rewatch? Purchasing the 26@26 series pass or a single ticket gives you exclusive access to this show on demand until midnight on April 30, 2022.
We’re grateful to Arsenal Pulp Press and Penguin Random House Canada for making it possible for us to connect you with these authors.
- The Insider Insights of Detransition, Baby –The New Yorker
- Detransition, Baby by Torrey Peters review – a comedy of manners –The Guardian
- Torrey Peters on Publishing the Most Subversive Book of the Year –Rolling Stone
- For award-winning writer Casey Plett, the beauty of trans lives resides in the details –Xtra*
- Casey Plett: What Does It Mean to Belong? –Literary Hub
- Casey Plett on truth, fiction, and the illusion of community -Quill and Quire