Hungry for timely? Penetrating? Provocative? Cinematic? The prescient Claire Vaye Watkins and Zoe Whittall deliver all of the above in two of fall's most anticipated reads: fearless novels that deliver exhilarating gut punches. This pairing of North American powerhouses is a MUST see.
The one-hour livestream event on Wordfest.com starts at 7:00 PM MT and will be hosted by Shelley Youngblut. (The pre-show begins at 6:50 PM.) The day after the show, we'll email you our unique Digital Doggie Bag, featuring links and extras sparked by the conversation.
Can't watch live? Want to rewatch? Purchasing the 26@26 series pass or a single ticket gives you exclusive access to this show on demand until midnight on April 30, 2022.
We’re grateful to Penguin Random House Canada & HarperCollins Canada for making it possible for us to connect you with Claire Vaye Watkins & Zoe Whittall.
Shelley Youngblut is the CEO & Creative Ringleader of Wordfest. She was the recipient of the 2020 Calgary Award for Community Achievement in the Arts and the 2018 Rozsa Award for Arts Leadership. She also won the 2008 Lifetime Achievement Award at the Western Magazine Awards.
Youngblut was the founding editor of Calgary’s award-winning Swerve magazine and has created magazines for ESPN, Seventeen, Cosmopolitan, Nickelodeon, Western Living, and The Globe and Mail. A former pop-culture correspondent for ABC World News Now and Canada Am, she is now often unconventionally opinionated on CBC Calgary’s Eyeopener.
- The Spectacular: Rock and roll, sex scandals, yoga retreats and motherhood –Toronto Star
- An entertaining story that is equal parts family saga and cultural indictment –Kirkus Reviews
- The Spectacular –Publishers Weekly
- Femme Fatale –Harper's Bazaar
- Giller Prize nominee Zoe Whittall on her singular goal –Maclean's
- Literary star Claire Vaye Watkins' next novel will tackle all the taboo topics –Entertainment Weekly
- Nevada Gothic: An Interview with Claire Vaye Watkins –The New Yorker
- How Come Nobody's Having Sex in the Apocalypse? –The Guardian
- Review: Gold Fame Citrus –New York Times